Many thanks to all your feedback on yesterday’s post – I really appreciated and enjoyed all who reached out to share their own stories and with questions! Now on to the good stuff….
Everyone has a go-to 3pm snack, and for a while on one of my work teams, it was these cinnamon-sugar roasted almonds. We somehow justified scarfing down the entire jar of them in one thirty-minute meeting because they were “almonds”. So let me introduce to you a much lower calorie, much lower in fat version of those candied nuts. But first, I want to spend just a couple of more minutes talking about the two wonderful ladies who made up this team alongside me for half a year. We shared laughs, tears, (way more) than just sugared almonds, and are now the closest of friends outside of work. We actually talked about roasted chickpeas once! So in honor of them, let me introduce to you these Crunchy Cinnamon Honey Roasted Chickpeas!
Roasted savory chickpeas are all the rage these days. If you roast them with a little salt and pepper, they make excellent crouton subsitutions in salads. They hold up wonderfully in soups instead of crackers. You can sprinkle Parmesan cheese on them, or roast them with a little rosemary. You can pack them for a high-protein, no-processed snack for in the middle of the day. Or, you can turn them into DESSERT. Hello, yes, obviously best option.
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- Oil spray of choice (olive, canola, coconut)
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp melted honey (use the microwave)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Spread your chickpeas on a baking sheet
- Spray with your oil of choice
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, checking for crunchiness
- Once at optimal crispy level, take them out of the oven at let cool
- In a large mixing bowl, stir chickpeas with cinnamon
- Mix in honey
- Enjoy right away, or save for later!