Over Memorial Day Weekend, Nate and two friends of ours set sail from Sausalito with one goal in mind – the explore the “delta” of the San Francisco Bay.
Let’s just say that we sailed deeeep into this delta and while only being a short distance from SF, we felt miles and miles away!
I only have a bit of time to share five things from the weekend – enjoy!
- Who knew, but the coastline along the delta is almost all factories! Not particularly scenic…
- You cannot grill bacon directly on a grill or else the entire grill will set on fire and you will watch your bacon go from perfectly cooked to a little crispy to totally charred and then just completely incinerated
- No matter how far you go up into the delta, the water is still cold but the outside temperatures so hot that you want to jump right in!
- “Sex on the Delta” is a signature cocktail for purchase
- There’s something awesome about just getting on a sailboat with an an all star group of friends and exploring with no specific destination in sight. Especially when you’re fully stocked with beer, mimosa materials, and ingredients to grill up some juicy burgers
Back to the real world!